In 1947, Eric Faithful and Leonard Gould began their partnership as they helped to repair Bristol after it was heavily bombed in the Second World War. Leonard Gould continued to take the business forward into the 1960s, opening several new offices across the UK.
In 1967 a chance meeting between one of our senior partners, Bert Gooding, and George Hunter from Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) resulted in us opening a number of offices across the UK to provide cost valuation and management services on all ICI sites in the UK - a transformational moment in our history.
During the next 30 years, we were involved in some mammoth projects including the Selby coal pit in 1975. In 1983 we took another big leap forward, by utilising our expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering when we were awarded a contract with British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL) at Thorpe for a fuel re-processing plant - at the time, the biggest construction project in Europe.
In the 1990s we commenced a spree of major acquisitions to enhance our presence in the property sector. In 1996 we joined the Atkins group and in 1997 Silk and Frazier was acquired, followed by Yeoman & Edwards in 1999.
In 2002, we acquired Hanscomb, which provided a springboard into the US market. Then late in 2013 we purchased Confluence Project Management to further expand our project management business across the Asia Pacific region. This was a practical example of our new corporate repositioning.
On 3 July 2017 we were acquired by SNC-Lavalin.
Today, we are a worldwide integrated project and programme management consultancy, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group.